Thursday, March 27, 2014

P.S. I LOVE YOU by Cecelia Ahern

 P.S.I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

  The story that I have read is P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. This story revolves around Holly, a young widow who is trying to face the future without her love of live who is her husband. Gerry and Holly were deeply in love. But, suddenly Gerry dies of a brain tumor which leaves Holly devastated. Gerry had arranged to deliver letters to his beloved wife after his death. Each letter contains meaningful messages which would keep Holly going without giving up in her life. Even on her birthday, Gerry had arranged to send her a birthday cake and the letter.

      As the days pass by, Holly receives the letters for each month. The message in the letters fills her with encouragement and brings back the spark in her life. Moreover, in some letters Holly is instructed to do something which she hates to do. One of it is singing at the karaoke bar. One of the interesting event in this novel is, when there is a letter where her husband is instructing her to find a nice outfit because she will be going to sing karaoke. She hated to sing karaoke. There was a flash back which made her hate singing karaoke. One day when Gerry was singing karaoke in the bar he dared Holly to sing for 100 dollars. At first she hesitated, but then she finished her drink; stood up and said she’ll do it for 200 dollars. During the performance on stage, she tripped on some wires and fell. Eventually, Holly ended up with a broken nose and a sprained foot.

  But back to the present without her husband Gerry, Holly goes to the Karaoke bar as she was instructed by her dearly loved husband, Gerry. As she reaches the bar, she does a song but in the end she breaks down crying and leaves the bar. This is one of the interesting event from the novel because even when Gerry is no more he is still guiding Holly to break out of her comfort zone through his letters.

Gerry’s last letter to Holly:

 ''Dear Holly, I don't have much time. I don't mean literally, I mean you're out buying ice cream and you'll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you.''


Loshini Sivaraja
4 Cergas

No comments:

Post a Comment