Monday, April 14, 2014



DIARY OF THE WIMPY KID (Lesson learned)



DREAM BIG!!!


Main character Greg Heffley is blissfully unconcerned with his own laziness, and lack of muscle tone, but that never stops him from believing he’ll someday be rich and famous—even though the school’s future job questionnaire predicts he’ll be a clerk.

“Well, there must be something wrong with the way they set up these forms or something, because I don’t know any clerks who are billionaires…I know EXACTLY where I’ll be in fifteen years: in my pool, at my mansion, counting my money" "Never mind that" there weren’t any check boxes for that option.”

Greg even sees the diary his mom buys him as an opportunity for personal gain. “The only reason I agreed to do this journal at all is because I figure later on when I’m rich and famous, I’ll have better things to do than answer people’s stupid questions all day. So this book is gonna come in handy…Here’s my journal. Now shoo, shoo.”

Simply put, Greg urges all of us to reach for the stars, no matter how many Candy Grams we have to send to ourselves in the meantime.















Satish Loganathan (4 Cergas)

No comments:

Post a Comment